Rock Drops

by - Sunday, October 07, 2007

I baked this before I went for my widsom tooth surgery. Now that I can't take solid food, my mouth kinda itches for forbidden food and crave for baking man. How sad. =(

Anyway, I'm quite satisfied with how my rock drops turned out, it was still soft and crunchy the next day, nothing like rock as the name suggests. Except that the base was slightly burnt, think it was the non-stick tray that I was using. But overall, it's good!

The recipe is supposed to yield 60 cookies, but I only managed about 20-30? I only got one small tiny oven la, lazy me don't wanna bake so many times. Heeee...




Rock Drops
Ingredients


200g butter, cold but not hard
400g cake flour
3 tsp baking powder
75g brown sugar
75g castor sugar
150g sultanas
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tbsp milk
  1. Lightly grease or line baking tray with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven at 190 degC.
  2. Sift cake flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Rub butter with your fingers or K-beater until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
  3. Stir in sugars and sultanas.
  4. Add eggs and milk to the mixture and mix to form a dough.
  5. Spoon mixture on to the prepared baking tray, spacing them well apart to prevent them from sticking together while baking.
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
  7. Remove rock drops from baking tray. Serve hot or let cool completely on a wire rack. Store in air tight container.

You May Also Like

1 comments