Grilled Garlic Butter Prawns with Lamb Chops

by - Thursday, September 05, 2013

So we were out doing grocery shopping with the little one one day, the husband saw Extra Large Prawns at the Fish section and suddenly craved for Garlic Prawns. But I preferred lamb chops, so we ended up having both for dinner. How to diet in such cases???


I don't know where the husband got his recipe so I'm just putting this together based on memory of what I saw.

Butter Garlic Prawns

Ingredients
4 extra large Tiger Prawns, deviened but keep the shell on
4-5 bulbs of garlic, finely chopped
50g butter
Salt

  1. Heat pan up. Melt half of the butter in pan. Add in half of the chopped garlic and stir-fry till its fragrant. Make sure its not too browned else it will turn bitter. Dish it out and leave it aside.
  2. Turn each prawn on its back and, with the point of a sharp knife, make a deep cut down the centre of each prawn, but do not cut through.
  3. Stuff the butter garlic into the centre of the prawn and it let sit and marinate for about an hour.
  4. Once it's marinated, heat up the pan again, add the remaining butter. Once the butter has melted, add in the remaining garlic. 
  5. Add in the marinated prawns and fry till the prawns and cooked.
  6. Serve.

Lamb chops are the easiest for me to make, I just grab off-the-shelf seasoning and pan-fry it. The only technique is to know when not to overcook the lamb.

Lamb Chops
4 pieces of lamb chops
Masterfood Roast Lamb Seasoning

  1. Season the lamb chops with the roast lamb seasoning. I usually coat the entire lamb chop with the seasoning as its not very salty.
  2. Marinate lamb chops for about an hour.
  3. Pan-fry lamb chops till your preferred done-ness.

How to test the done-ness of your meat? I read many websites teaching it using meat temperature, but I don't have the thermometer to test the temperature of my meat. I picked up this tip from a variety show in the past, it's very useful and it works for me every time!

Finger Test to Check Doneness of Meat


Grilled Lamb Chop with Grilled Garlic Prawns 

 

You May Also Like

0 comments