Pineapple Tarts (Enclosed)

by - Friday, January 20, 2017

I love eating pineapple tarts, finding ones that are nice can be difficult. One that is crumbly, buttery enough yet isn't too sweet. Sourcing for commercial ones are difficult, researching for recipes that gives you the most satisfying results are even more difficult.

One of the groups I joined, shared this recipe from Nasi Lemak Lover. And oh boy! The ingredients are so simple! Only 4 ingredients needed. It's so easy to bake and it comes out very tasty! For the butter, I've tried using Golden Churn chilled butter as well as some other brand. I find that Golden Churn butter is more fragrant and gives it a more buttery taste!

In the past, I've always made the open version. This is my first time baking an enclosed version, somehow, I think this is quicker and less time-consuming than the open version.

But I have to confess! I don't make my own pineapple jam! I always get them from Phoon Huat, which is delicious with the right amount of sweetness and sourness.

When I bring them to the office, they are always snapped up within half the day! So gratifying!




Pineapple Tarts (Enclosed version)


Ingredients
350g butter (Golden Churn chilled butter)
100g condensed milk (I used Milkmaid)
510g flour (I use Top Flour from Prima)
2 egg yolks


1 egg yolk + 1 egg (for egg wash)


700g pineapple filling (I used Premium Grade from Phoon Huat)


  1. Cream butter and condensed milk till light.
  2. Add in egg yolk one at a time, and beat until combined.
  3. Mix in flour, mix till become a soft and non-sticky dough.
  4. Roll pineapple filling into ball (8g each) and roll dough into ball (10g each).
  5. Flatten a piece of dough and place a piece of the rolled pineapple filling in the middle. Bring the edges of the dough together and press lightly to seal. Roll it in between your palms to shape it into a ball.
  6. Apply egg wash with a brush.
  7. Bake in preheated oven at 165C for 23 mins or until golden brown.
  8. Cool completely before storing.


You May Also Like

0 comments